Saturday, July 14, 2007

The bass were not biting so I resorted to an ultra-light rod and a small tube jig in hopes of scaring up a few bluegill. Then I finally landed one. It felt alright, but not huge. Then the line started screaming out as my pole dove. Scott even had to chase the fish down with the trolling motor because so much line was coming out we were afraid it was going to spool me. It took close to 10 minutes to real him in, and after a few failed attempts to net him with Scott’s tiny net we finally got him in. It’s a 13 pound 3 ouncer. I think I’m going to have to catfish this lake in the near future, but without an ultra-light!





4 comments:

Recovering said...

Very nice. Good photos too.

Anonymous said...

On an ultralight? Awesome.

aslage said...

what kind of fish did you have?

erich

Gone Fishin' said...

Erich,

If you're asking what kind of fish this one is, it's called a catfish. Here's a good video that shows how SOME guys catch them! Ask your mom to help you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxt6r7HSNg